Coastal Lamb Satay
- 600g lean Coastal Lamb leg steaks, trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
For the Marinade
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons store-bought satay sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
For the Satay Sauce
- 250 ml satay sauce (use the store-bought satay sauce left over from the marinade)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander (optional)
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large shallow dish. Marinate the lamb pieces for 6-8 hours. Divide meat into 4-6 equal portions after removing from the marinade. Thread pieces tightly onto flat-bladed metal skewers (or onto bamboo ones that have been previously soaked in water to prevent them from burning). Lightly oil the medium-hot barbecue and grill satays for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently.
Combine the sauce ingredients.