Spiced Coastal Lamb Rump
Spiced Coastal Lamb rump with roasted pears and quince jus.
- 1 Coastal Lamb topside (approx 350g)
- 2 Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
- 1 pear, quartered and cored
- 1 Tbsp melted butter or oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
- ½ tsp minced fresh garlic
- ½ cup sherry
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 Tbsp quince paste
- Rub the lamb rump liberally with the Moroccan spice blend and place in an 1. ovenproof frying pan.
- Brush the pears with melted butter or oil, sprinkle with the sugar and place beside the lamb. Roast at 180°C for 35 minutes. At this stage the juices should be pink and clear. If not, cook a further 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the lamb and pears from the pan and place the pan over direct heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in the sherry and allow to reduce by half. Add the stock and boil briskly until reduced again by half. Stir in the quince paste and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Carve the lamb and serve with the quince jus, roasted pears and your favourite vegetables.
Mini lamb roasts will cook more evenly if they’ve been out of the fridge (covered) for 30 minutes before cooking.
If you do not have quince paste, you can use quince jelly.